Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Years Thought

Well it feels like forever since the last time I wrote here and its only been four days or so. I have been on a mission retreat with the youth from west monroe. It is always great to go back and see how God is still working in the old youth group. Now I see it so much differently though, I see it through a leaders eyes(I know as hard as it may be I have become somewhat of a leader) Everything I have learned in my classes and just life in general I try to apply when I'm leading.
We worked in the church and out at an old run down trailer that anyone who saw it would just call it trash. We were fixing it up for a great guy God has also called into the ministry to live in. The funny thing is that no matter who would look at this trailer everyone would ask what are you doing why not just tear it down and build something else. I see the old trailer as an example of us, when anyone would really look at our lives apart from Christ that's just what we are, a rundown no good sinner. But with a lot of hard work and not quitting God turns us into something beautiful. I am so glad that he didn't just see me for being that old worthless nothing but saw me as a treasure just needing some work.
Well while on the mission trip and being the boys leader sleep was not easy to come by, but I knew this that I would not lay my head down to go to sleep before I prayed for each of those boys by name and spent some time with my Father. I think God really blessed that, I had no problem with the boys and they were all safe and worked hard and seemed to grow a little closer to God and each other. And that's what a missions trip is about, ministering to others, growing closer to God and each other. My quiet time with during this trip was brief but man was it awesome. Honestly is was the time I spent in prayer that was awesome. God is so great and he is so big but yet he takes time to meet with me each day, he actually wants to hang out with me all the time. It blows me away to think that the God of this universe wants to hangout with me. Well the trip in my eyes was a great success and I think everyone will agree on that. The one thing I learned from this trip is that if we are always open to doing whatever God wants us to do, there is no telling where he will put us. HA, I say this because I had no clue about this trip until the day before it was to happen and Jason asked me to help. I told him I definitely would because I feel like he needs all the help he can get and I think God really wanted me to do it. I dont know it just felt like God was saying time to put what your learning to work, follow me.
Well it is now officially 2010 and a whole new year. 2009 is gone and the new one is here. This year I plan on being in the best shape I have ever been in. I also plan on being closer to God then I have ever been. I don't know where I'll be at the start of next year but I know that I plan on following God and wherever it leads, Im willing to go. Its very exciting. I commit this year to God and Trying to be a better servant of him.
Verse of the day - Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, thanks for pointing out some pretty important things to me through this blog.....just the simple, but yet so easy to forget point that the Lord wants/desires to hang out with us!! That's awesome about the youth group mission trip.....it's so encouraging and awesome to hear about how the Lord is using you in big ways and growing you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete