Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Starting back up

Well its been forever since my last post on here, that's probably because this semester was the hardest one I ever had. Not too mention my computer would only work half the time. But guys the big news now is I am a college graduate. There were many people proven wrong on this past Saturday with me walking across that stage, but I can't take the credit, it's all Gods. I want to take a little time to thank Him, my parents Matthew and Stephanie, Travis and Teresa Cole, and anyone else I am forgetting to mention. I plan on returning to School in the Fall/Spring for Seminary which one, I dunno but I'll be there.

This Summer I will be leading a mission team out to South Dakota and would very much appreciate all the prayers and support we can get. Our goal is to grow closer to Jesus and see others come to know him. We plan on doing this by Loving Jesus, Loving People and Enjoying bringing them together. It should be a great Summer. My staff are great and I look forward to seeing what God will do this Summer. We will be living and working on a KOA Campground five miles from Mount Rushmore. I'm psyched to see all that God has in store for us this Summer. Please write us down in your prayer journal and pray for us daily. This Summer I plan on doing this blog two or three times a week and praising God for what he is doing in our ministry out in South Dakota. Please continue to read and see how God is answering your prayers for us.

God has been continuing to teach me that this life is not about what I want, it's about what he wants. I was really slack in my Devotions and Prayer life towards the end of the semester and I feel so awful about it. It has been hard to break the spiritual drought I was in. But I am seeing more and more that God longs for me to be fully soled out to him and nothing else. We all will come to the decision to either follow ourselves or follow God. And let me tell you it's a tough decision, it is one that we must make daily. But if we are going to do anything worth talking about we must follow God and give him our all. I was in D.C. a few weeks ago and witnessing to a man who was homeless and had HIV. I am not one to really just walk up out of no where and start witnessing to someone but if God tells me to do then I do and that's just what happened. While talking this guy opened up to me and I felt the urge to share Christ as the ultimate healer to him. When I did the guy was completely turned off and basically told me he didn't care about the after life, rather just what was going on right then. It broke my heart. I was later telling my best friend Bryan about it and he said something that I will never forget, it's not about you Mike. It's about God and you did your part. Bryan was right, there was nothing I could do to get this guy saved, but I did follow God and do what he asked me to do.

Here is my challenge to you, Choose today who you will serve, rather it be God or yourself. Those are really the only two choices you have. Joshua gives a great challenge in Joshua 25:15 "But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

1 comment:

  1. I am super excited to see how God works in our staff this summer and through you as our leader.

    ReplyDelete