Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How great is God? Really?

It has been forever since my last blog attempt. So much has been going on and when I get to the end of my night I just don't really feel like typing. I love doing it though because I feel like when I do this I get to praise God so much more than I usually do and that's awesome.

Well God Is honestly to good to me, I'm so thankful I'm not God because if I was a lot of bad things would go on. I'm so thankful He never says thats it, I've had enough your on your own now. Oh how He knows how much I deserve that. It blows me away to know that the God of this whole universe cares specifically about me and my needs. Purely amazing, I am starting to understand him a little better too, I think. I see now that every time I ask for God to give me something and its not part of his plan, it always for my good. Yea, sure, God knows best but is something we often hear but its sooo true.

I recently read a book on prayer by Dr. David Earley and it has really changed my life. I have been trying to pray for over an hour a day and I feel so much closer to God. The cool thing that I have learned that no matter what if I have a problem it needs to be taken to God in prayer. I am so thankful that God takes time just to listen to me to talk to him. I think everyone should pray to God more, especially now that I am really starting to see how great of a tool/ ability to talk to the father it is.

Well, since being back at school it was really hard to focus on the ministry that I do here (Prayer Leader). But while wanting to quit and just be a normal student God showed me he still wants me to do this. Am I the best prayer leader? not by any means but when it comes to leading these guys by the Spirit, that is all I have been doing for the past three weeks and let me just say that God has definitely been working in my life and my guys lives. The first week we covered Proverbs 3:5-6 and I think that was the night that everyone begin to see that I cared and that God was not finished with me leading these guys closer to him. The next week was followed with a lesson on healthy friendships/ relationships and that drew the guys in so much more. I even have guys who are part of other prayer groups coming to my prayer group after theirs because they are interested in what God is doing. Tonight we talked about either being hot or cold for God. Its something that we all need to hear and its something I really felt like God was telling me to speak on. The response was simply amazing the guys were so into the lesson and what God/ I was saying that it really convicted them, I believe. I told the guys that for the next little while of this semester we are going to be covering spiritual disciplines, and they all seemed to be really excited about it. I overall am really excited about what God is doing this semester and cannot wait to see what else he will do.

I am asking for prayer from anyone who reads this about this semester and what God wants me to do after it. Whatever it is I am excited for it, but I do need to know what his will is. Well hopefully I will do another one of these soon.

Verse of the day 2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment