Friday, January 8, 2010

Where does the time go?

Well, so much has happened since the last time I posted on here. The biggest thing probably is that I am able to return to LU for my last semester of undergrad. The funny thing about that is that I was never really worried about it, I knew that God had it in control and would work it out when it was the right time. The right time just so happened to be the last day of financial check in, but that just shows me that God doesn't forget about us, he is always right on time! This past week has been full of events, small ones, but they kept me busy so when it would come to the late hours of the night when I generally post things on here I was too exhausted to write. One really cool thing happened this week, Tuesday night my little sister Kathy came over to the house to hangout and spend sometime with me. It was great to be able to hang out with her because it seems as since she got engaged she just doesn't care about our family anymore, and that hurts but I have been praying that God would open up her eyes.
So I will be headed back to LU for my last semester of undergrad next Saturday and I just cant help but wonder, where did all the time go? I remember pulling up to dorm fourteen as a freshman and going into a whole new place where I didn't know anyone and just making a ton of friends and slowly started to learn that there is something far more than just living the rest of my life. Amazing how much I have grown over the past four years, and I can't wait to see how much I will grow over the next four.
In my devotions lately I have been reading about how sometimes God has to use huge things to get our attention because if he doesn't then we probably wont notice that he is talking to us. I pray that I am more like him and I can start to notice when he is talking to me without him having to use the big stuff. In Jeremiah today I was reading about how all the false prophets were proclaiming stuff in God's name that he never said and how angry it made him. I pray that I will always say only what God wants me too and nothing else. When we go off and start teaching what we want to teach and not what God wants us to teach we are in sin. We are to teach what God wants us to say. Why else was Jesus always contradicting how the pharisees lived there lives? I am finding the more that I read about Jesus the more of a rebel in his culture he really was. He never sinned while being a rebel but rather rebelled from all the stuff the culture had deemed acceptable that went against God. Amazing, as Christians there is a lot of things we need to rebel against in this generation, too many Christians are just accepting all the sins that society say wont hurt us because its not wrong. God is watching me and pays attention to every action I do, therefore I want to glorify him in all that I do. I challenge whoever reads this that if there is something God has brought to your attention while reading this, surrender it to him, you'll be glad you did.
Verse of the day- 1 Corinthians 11:1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ
This is my favorite verse and I want it to be true of my life. What about you? Will everyone know who you follow by the way you live? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment